THE MOST WONDERFUL DAUGHTER WE COULD EVER HOPE FOR IS IN OUR HEARTS

 Our daughter was born on New Year's Day in 2023. It was one of the best days of my life. I wasn't able to hold her right away because I had a cesarean, I was so happy after finally getting out of the recovery room when I was able to feed her. 

Yes, I breastfed her, and was sure to eat as healthy as I possibly could for her. I only chose baby skin care with the most natural ingredients, and even used cloth diapers. My husband ended up in the ICU right after I got home from the hospital. 

It was a rough start. I lost both my brother and mother during her first month of life. It was hard going to the hospital to see my mom, so soon after having a baby, I could barely walk. All I knew was I had this beautiful daughter that seemed to smile back at me and it was enough to make me forget all the pain.

Elizabeth was very beautiful as a child; she had bright blue eyes and strawberry blond curly hair. Everywhere we went people admired her beauty. I remember being on the Marta train in Atlanta on the way to a hockey game when she was a baby and a stranger commented her eyes were like gems. On river street in Savannah a stranger gave her a flower while we were on vacation.

Elizabeth had a heart to match her beauty. She was kind to others. She would volunteer to help neighbors. She would even watch their pets when they left town. I admired how she had respect for the elderly. She was so shy as a young girl, and held my hand everywhere we went. I felt so proud to be her mother.

She learned to read at an early age, and was so intelligent she read at a high school level when only in the second grade. She wasn't fond of math, but she seemed to excel at everything she tackled.

Elizabeth had skills that are rare. She could cook, and enjoyed baking up a batch of cookies at the spur of the moment. She could sew, which is very rare for a young girl. She was resourceful, and creative, and would make things out of materials you would least expect. 

She learned how to do things so quickly, and with great skill. We have always been so proud of how capable she is. She scored in the top 5 percentile on an AP exam. This was with moving and getting transferred into another class. 

I always always believed that Elizabeth would grow up to do great things. She learned to drive a car with ease. An old 1999 car, not a new easy to drive car. I know that Elizabeth can do anything she sets her mind to. She had a great sense of humor, she commented on our futuristic cupholders in the car. She knew how to point out the positive make you laugh make you smile.

She often said that when we were old she would have us near, take care of us. How her father could piddle, how I could cook, make clothes for her children. It was a sweet dream that made me feel so loved. She is the best daughter any mother and father could possibly hope to have. 

She loved Christmas. She loved watching It's a Wonderful Life with me on the couch every Christmas Eve. She loved watching Charlie Brown each holiday with me. 

Like other parents, we only wanted her to do her best, be her best. We wanted her to grow up to  be her absolute best always. 

Never in a million years did we suspect she would grow up and suddenly without any warning cut us out of her life. Never did we suspect someone would pretend to take our place, take her name away and replace it with their own. 

We are left with heartache longing for our beautiful daughter to return. In our hearts she shall always remain.

Abigal Barre

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO YOU REALIZE SATAN IS COMING FOR YOUR SOUL

I HAVE BEEN INTIMIDATED INTO SILENCE TROLLED SLANDERED LIBELED SUFFERED DEFMATION OF CHARACTER BLOCKED ON SOCIAL MEDIA THIS IS MYVOICE SPEAKING UP SPEAKING OUT

RUMORS OF INFIDELITY? DOES SHE CHEAT ON HER HUSBAND? DOES SHE CHARGE MONEY FOR PROFANITY VIDEOS? DOES SHE LIE?